lalita larking

An obsession with cryptic crosswords. Everything else falls in place.

Name:
Location: Kolkata, India

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Let's Spend The Night Together

We met for coffee and lunch
To talk and be together
We met in happy circumstance
And savoured each other.

Words flow easy, don't they,
And intimacy seems right
Perhaps I can lower my guard
Enough, anything can happen, it might.

Let us spend the night together,
See what we sow and what we reap
I could trust you enough to climax
And next to you, I might even fall asleep.

Cheers!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great poem. I wanted to ask you to write about the FB massacre and the bandh, but this is good.

Johnnie

10:29 pm  
Blogger Lalita said...

Dear John,

What massacre and what bandh? Yawn. It is a hastily written poem, I confess.

10:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is Rajesh these days? He'd have wondered who you wrote it for. I like the surrender and trust implied, a good poem, Lali.

How are you?

11:22 pm  
Blogger Sivaram Pothukuchi said...

A bold thing to write and put out like this.
I admire you for the spirit.

What does it matter - hastily written ? Perhaps all the better for not having second thoughts.

10:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those last two lines! What a poem, Lady.

Sincerely,
Secret admirer

8:36 pm  
Blogger Priya said...

yooohoooo! Verrrrrrrry Noice! wassup lady? Write me a line or two too!

12:49 pm  
Blogger ~nm said...

Wow! It seems so surreal. I'm saying surreal because you have so beautifully written what went on my mind when I met someone! SO EXACTLY! Wow...

4:35 pm  
Blogger Vinz said...

short and simple...
loved those lines..!!

:)

2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. /body>