lalita larking

An obsession with cryptic crosswords. Everything else falls in place.

Name:
Location: Kolkata, India

Sunday, March 19, 2006

X, meet Y. Y, meet X

Folks, this is dedicated to you all who make my day: make me laugh, moan at me, use me as a sounding board, mail to me and generally interact with me everyday.

At the peril of sounding like an Oscar acceptance speech, thank you, thank you, thank you. :D

When I first discovered chatting, I was gob-smacked. My flabber was definitely ghasted. People just log in and talk, rant, air their views, opine, editorialise... All without any ado or fuss of submitting?

Wow!

I learnt the unwritten rules( it took me three months to stop myself from pressing the shift key), learnt the abbreviations, the lingo, in fact; I discovered that people who seemed severely challenged when it comes to using vowels are still people who can make me think, amuse me and more.

Of course, I learnt about cyber-stalking, harassment; I learnt about prudence even if I am only talking about an author and his works. I learnt a lot, really. :D

I learnt that people can be whatever they choose to be, mostly. My Icelandic Utter Nutter has more job descriptions and careers that he says are absolutely true (and he makes it convincing), than one man can manage in a life-time. But I find his fibs entertaining. :D

I frequented rooms devoted to books and authors, only to discover that room regulars hardly ever discussed books or authors, preferring to talk about other things; still and all, I made friends.

Whether it is the Utter Nutter from Iceland, or the suicidal self-destructive idiot in India, somewhere; whether it is the Aussie ex-lawyer who keeps promising to shower me in opals or the manic-depressive in Michigan trying to lead a regular life and making a bad job of it; whether it a hopeful author in Canada or an embattled Iraqi student; whether it is a dear and treasured friendship I was surprised to find developing but glad to nurture or an acrimonious and bitter squabbling about semantics or etymology that goes on and on; whether it is trading crossword clues and obscure words or sharing immediate problems...

You have enriched my days, and I thank you.

Thank you, jesus. Thank you paro. Thank you sappho. Thank you arnie. Thank you loco. Thank you landscaper. Thank you lawguy. Thank you ash. Thank you Srini. Thank you Ashok. Thank you Sanjeev.

It never ceases to amaze me that you all actually think it is a nice way to spend time talking to me, or mailing me. It makes me feel special and loved. Thank you.

Thank you for leaving comments on the blog, too, I think not. Hah! You lazy lot, you. Come on people. Gimme feedback on the blog. I love your mails, but can I have them in writing in, as comments, too? :D


Cheers!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a special one! You make my day too! Its wonderful knowing a person like you and talking to you almost everyday. Best part is that, I learn quite a few new words!!
And hey, I did leave a comment on one of the previous blogs!!

9:46 pm  
Blogger Lalita said...

Of course you have, because you are a sweetheart. Thanks Arnab.

8:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have got off lightly, i must say. i thought cyber harassment was high.

9:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got off lightly. not everybody ends up with a bunch of friends and happy memories

9:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Did I enrich your days? I must say that I am flattered. haha! You have done the same to me too, but talking to me, listening to my seemingly endless crap about everything. Thanks. And keep calling me LOCO. Because I am LOCO. Haha

1:50 am  
Blogger Lalita said...

I am sorry anonymous, that your experience is otherwise, but I will be
glad to share my friends with you. They are a generous lot. :D

11:05 pm  
Blogger Lalita said...

don't fish, loco.

11:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. /body>