lalita larking

An obsession with cryptic crosswords. Everything else falls in place.

Name:
Location: Kolkata, India

Monday, May 14, 2007

A simple rant

When I feel morose, I think anagrams. It cheers me up. I could do with some cheering up right now, I tell you.

So I tell you that Charon needs no anchor, seminar remains, and Stainer retains. A senator should avoid treason. Existentialism can limit sex in East. Clean forks are useless for eating corn flakes. Fiendish is finished. Never get a salami cooked for vegetarian meals. Expect varied expert advice.

Parliaments practise paternalism and 'a simple rant' or better still, 'rampant lies'.

Here are some for the Non Resident Mathematician— double negative is nag due love-bite. From unfair resort one gets Fourier transform. Scalene triangle produces stern allegiance and alien rectangles. Mystic lovelies make velocity smiles.

Collateral damage is alleged amoral act. Seven-year itch is heavy in secret. Dual gender is general dud. Humble arrogance is changeable rumor. Ménage à trois is an orgies team.

Priority halts with poly-arthritis, you see? With one arm already in a splint and a sling, the other is over-worked. That brought on a bout of arthritis which, like the wandering Jew, is migrating from joint to joint. Currently, I am going barefoot because one ankle is so swollen that I have grown too big for my boots. Right knee sympathises with the ankle and joins in. Right wrist and elbow refuse to be left out. Shoulder is making noises about solidarity and may join the party, it is suspected.

So, I am consoling myself trying out anagrams. Present favourite is that Venus de Milo mused in love. I love Ms. Nude too, since like her I am now mostly 'armless.

Cheers!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant! Dear 'armless Lali, if this is your form when you are not in the pink of health, what wonders will be wrought when you are?

6:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, Auntie de Milo. But how can you be so chirpy when you must be in a lot of pain? The mind boggles.

8:47 pm  
Blogger Raj said...

So many anagrams in one post. Almost a thousand. Nearly an ana-kilogram. Enjoyed it.

9:52 pm  
Blogger Lalita said...

Dipali-:-) Lady, thank you.

Rajesh- Child, one learns to compartmentalise these things, and pain can be ignored.

Raj- A lark moaning is an anagram of anna-kilogram. Align no karma, too.

4:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jail a net slave is my favourite

10:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her sadness drags (3,5,7)

12:01 pm  
Blogger Lalita said...

PTC- You remember that one? :-)

Ash- How kind. Thank you.

12:27 pm  
Blogger Priya said...

Most illiterate me, can only say, a rocker of a post. I'd give an arm and a foot for such posts. Kudos.

5:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'I'm an evil and pink slayer' is an anagram of 'milady larks even in pain' but get well soon, Lali. It is a brilliant post.

Sincerely,
Secret Admirer

10:36 pm  
Blogger Lalita said...

Priya- Thanks, angel.

Anon- Yeah, I walk in beauty too. Get a name.

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License. /body>